Happy New Year! You made it out of 2020…give yourself a pat on the back…well done!
As we step into 2021, I believe it is fair to say we are all holding in prayer the success of the vaccines for COVID-19 to be administered to all who are willing to take it in an expedient time frame. I also believe it is fair to say we all want to be back together again in our sanctuary as soon as it is safe to do so.
I am always grateful on Sunday morning when so many of you join us for the service. I appreciate the notes in the chatbox and read every one of them. This past Sunday we had folks on from Florida, North Carolina, VA, New York, New Hampshire and London, England. Please keep coming back; we love you!
Just in case you may not know the services are available on both Facebook at Unity of Greater Portland and on YouTube at Unity for Spiritual Growth, not only Sunday morning but archived as well. If you missed the New Year’s Eve service, it is there also.
On Sunday I concluded the series on prayer. Here you will find the top ten list for creating a rich and robust personal prayer life. I am not going to expound on them here; you can watch the service.
10. Take an intentional, few moments every day to simply think about God.
9. Pray using simple, natural words.
8. Use affirmative, positive words – only.
7. Pray with belief and faith.
6. Offer prayers of gratitude and only gratitude and on a regular basis.
5. Pray as you go about the business of the day.
4. Practice the attitude of putting everything in God’s hands – aka surrender.
3. Pray for the people you do not like.
2. Prayer for a closer relationship with God.
1. Open yourself to be used by God.
This list is a great start for getting into a regular prayer practice for the year.
Next Sunday is the White Stone Service, so have your stone handy… and this Thursday evening is the women’s group… Women Empowering Women at 6:30 p.m.
You are a blessing in my life,
Rev. Patricia Bessey