- This event has passed.
Book Study: Wild Mercy
April 30, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Tuesday, repeating until May 28, 2019
Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m.-noon with Rev. Pat Bessey
Come join the Tuesday morning book study and contribute to the wonderful sharing that is part of the experience. This book is essential for anyone ready to awaken the feminine mystic within and birth her loving, creative, and untamed power into the world. The number of weeks to be determined. Cost: Love offering.
About the book: Wild Mercy by Mirabai Starr
We live in a world that has suffered the abuses of an unbalanced masculine rule for thousands of years — but the feminine is rising. “Seeds of feminine wisdom that have been quietly germinating underground are now breaking through the surface,” writes Starr. “Women everywhere are rising to the collective call to step up and repair our broken Earth. And we are activating a paradigm shift such as the world has never seen.”
With Wild Mercy, Starr shares the subversive wisdom and fierce compassion of the feminine mystic across cultural boundaries and throughout history. From saints and sages, to goddesses and archetypal energies, to contemporary teachers and seekers — you’ll meet women who blazed a path that will illuminate your own. Each chapter explores a different facet of feminine mysticism through a tapestry of teachings, reflections, and stories, along with a practice for integrating the chapter’s themes into your own life. As you journey through these pages, you’ll explore:
• Taking refuge in contemplative practice with St. Teresa of Avila and the Shekinah
• Longing, embodiment, and union as the heart of feminine spiritual practice with the Hindu poet Mirabai and Mary Magdalene
• Your relationship with the Earth, motherhood in all its forms, and a loving call to action alongside Gaia and Ix Chel
• Community and the web of life with Indra, the Beguines, and female prophets throughout history
• Wild, playful, and compassionate mercy with Tara and Kuan Yin
• Finding joy in creativity and the arts with Saraswati and Chiyo-ni
• More inspiration from archetypal goddesses and amazing women past and present — Julian of Norwich, the Sufi saint Rabia, Pachamama, Sophia, Old Spider Woman, Hildegard of Bingen, Demeter, Kali, and more