Sunday Message by Rev. Pat Bessey
Would you agree with me that life has a way of sending us curve balls? One of those curve balls landed with us and it has caused a disturbance in the field. Consequentially, this translates to the need to cancel our Women’s Retreat, which was scheduled on the 27 – 29 of this month. We had a situation come up with the venue that we were unable to resolve. So, the retreat team is taking a breath and now looking for a new venue for 2018. If you had already registered you will be receiving an email personally to discuss your refund. Life happens! And please hold the vision with us for an even more incredible Women’s’ Retreat at an earlier fall date in a perfect location next year!!
Now, switching gears… when you come to service next Sunday to hear Sherri Mitchell, you will have the opportunity to see our new portable classroom for our children. It will be delivered this week!
I want to give a huge shout out to all who participated in the weekend events to raise money for the Children’s Education Fund with a trunk sale, food sale and 50/50 raffle. They raised $842 toward our immediate goal of $3,000. If you would like to help us reach our goal, you can donate here or send a check and make a notation on the memo line for Children’s Education Fund. We hear Sunday after Sunday that our little people are getting the Unity message embedded in their consciousness. When little Gabe, who is four and a half, can recite the Unity blessing, and when others can sing the Peace song and know the Prayer for Protection, we know they are getting a solid spiritual education. It is our responsibility to give them space to grow.
In keeping with the talk series Unity Practical Christianity, “Prosperity Part 2” was the topic. I touched on these subtopics:
- Source vs. Channel — God is the Source; all else is but a channel of supply. The mind while yet in ignorance sometimes fixes itself firmly on the idea that supply can come only in some certain way.
- Work vs. Service — There is nothing in the idea of working for a living. The true object of work is service and the expression of all man’s God-given faculties and powers.
- Love of money — Money is not a curse to those who see the place it fills and keep it in its place.
All who have the understanding of true spiritual prosperity, keep the law of giving and receiving, and take the right attitude toward money, shall have plenty of it. It will flow into their hands and through their hands in a constant stream of blessing. They know it is not Substance, but the symbol of Substance, and they avoid the errors that follow the confusion of symbols with realities.
I also remind you that much of this is directly from Charles Fillmore’s writing of the early 1900s and therefore is not gender-sensitive.
Here are three affirmations for you to use to strengthen your faith:
- I have faith in God as the Substance of All Good.
- I have faith in the Substance as it is now manifest in me and my affairs.
- The inexhaustible resource of Spirit is equal to every demand… there is no reality in lack… abundance is here and now manifest…
You are a blessing in my life,
Rev. Patricia Bessey